Sunday 11 December 2011

If you have two enemy families, how can you bring them together in one room peacefully without casualties?

I'm writing a book and it's based in Scotland in 1309, but my main character is a woman from 2009 who went back in time. She is related to one family and is suppose to marry the leader of the other family but she needs to make him fall in love with her. I need a way to get the two warring families together peacefully so she can have a chance to make him start falling for her. Any ideas?If you have two enemy families, how can you bring them together in one room peacefully without casualties?
Why not have their overlord be having some sort of gathering. Unless they're on opposites sides of the Bruce/Balliol feud, this would allow them to interact. Perhaps, a third party gathering. You could make the host someone too powerful to offend, or even make it overseas in Denmark, with the sides currying favor.



Although, given that Christmas wasn't that big a deal in that time period and the hardships of midwinter travel, the idea of a midwinter gathering that doesn't involve people staying for an extended period is rather ridiculous. You just didn't travel that time of year in Scotland, so they'd be there for a long period.



That sparks a different idea, why not have both sides forced into the shelter of a third party during a blizzard? They'd be forced to respect the host and not have open warfare, but you'd still have all the intrigue and maybe steal a bit of Shakespeare and kill off Mercutio.If you have two enemy families, how can you bring them together in one room peacefully without casualties?
I think you need to win the other family over one by one. It's too hard if everyone is hating everyone else. If she can gradually bring one person at a time to her way of thinking and then when the two families come together she has support on both sides and they can help her convince the rest of the people.

I think it's too hard just being her against everyone.
Okay, I have absolutely no knowledge of Scotland in that time, but could you have some kind of Christmas ball type thing where both families are invited? A little bit of dancing, a few drinks, maybe some mistletoe...? Any kind of party that was thrown by someone both families know would be good. Hope I helped!
I'm with Annie, a Christmas party they both attend would be a good idea, maybe have the young children getting along, or a well respected individual introducing the head of the families to one another, so they have to pretend to like one another, and find that they aren't so bad.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

THANK to the author of this site and Dr great oshogum for all he have done in my life, I NORYAN WARLALD I lost my 10 years relationship during April. i suspected my ex was into another relationship i could not talk to him about it or even contact a spell caster to help me because of how much i love him. i was scared of losing him after some time My ex left me with so many pains and pregnancy. to another woman since then i have been heart broken and shattered. I have contact 5 spell casters and 3 of them has rip me off my money without any result. I have Emailed so many sites online looking for a good spell caster till i was directed by a man to great Dr oshogum because Dr oshogum him help him to get his wife back some times past. so when i contacted Dr oshogum on this site, At first i never believed him because he was requesting for some amount of money to buy items after he consulted his great and powerful god, it took me three weeks be convince by MR LONGER DUKE and something occur to my mind and i said let me give him a trial.
I was very shocked when Ruben called four days after i sent Dr oshogum the items money. He apologies for all he has done wrong and i should allow him back to my heart. sincerely i am very happy that we are together today because he proposed to me last night. sir the great Dr i am very grateful and happy for what you have done for me. I will advise you my friends out there who have emotional problems or health to contact him now via email oshogumspelltemple@live.com because he has done wonders in my life and i believe he can help you out in any problem.
contact him now with +2348189075265 OR via email

oshogumspelltemple@live.com

contact him now with +2348189075265
via email oshogumspelltemple@live.com
posted by NORYAN WARLALD

Post a Comment