Friday 12 November 2010

Can you make yourself fall in love with the perfect guy?

I kid you not, this guy is just about everything I have been looking for. From intelligence to being one of the kindest and most thoughtful people I know, he really is something wonderful. He wants a relationship with me, but here is the only problem...I dont have hardly any feelings for him. This is killing me, I want to fall in love with him. But I think that the more this is pushed the less likely i will have feelings for him anytime soon. This situation is extremely stressful for me, he thinks we are on the same page. I dont know what to do. Isnt it wrong to go into a relationship and not have strong feelings for the person your with? How would I tell him? How do you tell someone that thinks you are on the same page that you are not, and not kill all chances with them? I dont want to ruin all chances of being with him; I think that eventually love or at least strong feelings may grow on my side, but it will take longer than this. I feel so pressured and I am losing sleep over this.

Has anyone had this problem and what do i do?!Can you make yourself fall in love with the perfect guy?
I went through this a little bit over a year ago and I will tell you that the feeling will not grow if its not there already. I was friends with this guy for about 2 years when we decided to try a relationship together. He was the ';perfect'; guy/boyfriend for about 3 months and everyday of that I tried to convince myself that eventually I would feel for him the way he feels for me but it didn't happen.. I just had to break up with him because I didn't think it was fair to him to be in this type of relationship. We stayed friends for a while but now a year later we just completely lost contact and interest in being friends. Unfortunately even if you think the guy is perfect, you can't force feelings that aren't there. It will be a hard journey and I wish you the best of luck. Just keep telling yourself that there is someone else out there for you. That's how I try to stay positive.

No comments:

Post a Comment