Friday 12 November 2010

LGBT How am i suppose to not fall in love with him?

I have an amazing best friend that i'm completely in love with...he is so perfect, the other night this happened...



I was upset i hid in my room for a while (we went away to a beach house with just friends no parents) so my best friend sat with me alone for ages in our room...and he was trying to convince me not to worry about finding a bf... and i was like ';after everything thats happened i need sum1'; (been really sick, depressed and family member dieing)...he goes ';You don't need any1 you've got me, i'm your someone and ill always stay with you.';



How am i suppose to not fall in love with someone so perfect, someone who is always there and looks out for me, protects me and always makes sure i'm ok? I need to make my love for him plutonic again. (he's straight, and we're 17)LGBT How am i suppose to not fall in love with him?
Well then Just fall in love with him... You obviously already are so there's no point trying not to. My best friend is very similar to yours, just be happy that you have him there for you. What he said to you, I reckon he meant every word of it, and that is a rare thing to have a person like that in your life.



You are supposed to fall in love with those sort of people, love is no accident; even if the feelings are not mutual.LGBT How am i suppose to not fall in love with him?
WOW what problems we create for ourselves these days....

The way i see it if you werent gay you woudl nto have a problem loving him as a friend. Sex is not a way to show love, it is a way to share intimacy, very differnt things.
WOW. he said that quote? thats pretty deep....for a straight guy.



you're lucky to have such a great friend, but how are you sure hes not gay? Maybe he is?

its ok to fall in love with a straight guy. and a friend at that. just turn this love into a deep friendship :) that helps. i guess
I'm not sure... I would help you if I could... I fell in love with a person exactly like that... I call it ';temporary bi'; for him. He's my knight in shining armor (With the body to prove it...).



I suppose the only advice i could say is that you should just tell him how you feel about him. At least that way if he doesn't feel the same you can get over it quicker than him never knowing and you always regretting it...



Good luck :)
Cam, it seems you are making it harder on yourself. You can love your friend without having sex with him. He can be the one you turn to and you could be there for him as well. I think he's telling you he loves you by being your ';someone';. I'd say you should give him a gigantic hug and tell him you feel lucky to be his friend.

Relax and stop worrying so much about it. Let yourself love him because he deserves to know that you will be his ';someone'; as well. It isn't only about your needs being met. Since you know he's straight, you can think of him more as a brother and your love doesn't have to be romantic, it can be more like you two are part of the same family.

You'll see the difference when you fall into romantic love with someone who returns the love and makes you happy. But you should never lose the closeness you share with this very special friend.

Good luck, Cameron.
I may be biased...But it seems like best friend relationships either turn out that the other friend just doesn't feel that way for them, or that they had the same exact feelings and keep it secret. Just because he SAID he was straight, or he's been with girls doesn't mean it's impossible that he likes you. It seems like he does. And he seems so sweet. You really should tell him how you feel. Last night, I had the best conversation of my life when me and my best friend finally admitted our liking eachother. We talked about our sexuality, and I thought I had no chance with her because she said she wouldn't be able to form a commitment with a girl. And I said things that made her think she had no chance with me. But, as it turns out, we were just taking things out of context/trying to hide our feelings. I feel so fantastic now, and even if she hadn't returned the feelings, it wouldn't have changed much between us. It seems like you'd be the same, and I hope you do decide to talk to him about it. Good luck!
You aren't supposed to not fall in love with him. I fell in love with my best friend a while back... there is nothing you can do about it; it must be fate.
Oh, my friend is in that position right now. And it's not easy. But sometimes things are just not meant to be. I wish I had a friend like that tho =[

No comments:

Post a Comment